MultiPets: the Chimera Knight

Katrina Arden wants to become a Chimera Knight, a hero in a world where animals and humans live and work together as one. With the help of a Wearwolf, a canine that transforms into armor, her wish may very well be granted.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Monday, April 18, 2005

Preface

Welcome to MultiPets: the Chimera Knight. This blog will, for no good reason, host my my novel in progress of the same name. I have some stuff written up, not necessarily in directly progressive order, which I will begin posting soon. I may even post some non-MultiPet stuff if I feel like it. Feel free to make any sort of comments. This is my first novel, so I want it to be as good as possible before I publish it. Well, if I can once it is on the 'net. Henceforth, let it be known that the concepts, characters, and related indicia will be copyright of me. Who am I? On the 'net, I prefer to be known as Chet Weaver. If you know me in real life and/or recognize my work from the fiction-writing class I'm taking, yes, this is me, and refrain from revealing my real name on the 'net if possible.

Here is the backstory for this novel. *Raises arm and smoke billows in from nowhere.* Thousands of years in the future, the terraformation of Mars has begun. Due to an unfortunate accident, an orbiting colony ship crash-lands on the planet during the process. For a full year, the survivors of the crash endured the calamitous hardships and chaos of the planetary transformation. Once the environment settled, the surviving humans found themselves reborn. They were now more than human. The quickly-evolving wildlife had taken on the properties of the smashed and broken equipment on board the colony ship, and the humans had developed the ability to form empathic bonds with these creatures. Together, the humans and their animal partners, referred to as "MultiPets," could do more than either could seperate.

Humans and MultiPets joined forces according to their nature and built a new civilization upon the reborn planet, henceforth known as Aries. Of the many traditions developed over the generations, one of the most important is the Rite of Initiation. When a child reaches the age of sixteen, he or she enters the wilderness and embarks upon a quest to find their MultiPet partners. When they return with their partners, they are then considered adults in their society. Those that don't are presumed dead and never return.

Our story begins on no particular date. This day is only of particular importance to our young heroine, her family, and her friends. That heroine is Katrina Arden of Wine Town, and that day is her sixteenth birthday. We will join her as she sets out on the path to adulthood, and on the road to danger...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home